BOP Serials advises publishers on the founding or migration of scientific periodicals in Open Access and provides technical and organizational support for the ongoing operation of journals hosted on BOP Serials. For this purpose, the University Library of Bern provides the journal management system Open Journal Systems (OJS). With the help of OJS, articles can not only be published, but also submitted, reviewed and archived.
Including a journal on BOP
Journals that wish to join BOP-Serials must meet the following criteria in addition to the generally applicable criteria listed under "Bern Open Publishing/Quality Assurance":
- The journal is an open access scholarly publication in the sense of the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities
- The journal is a periodical and regular scientific publication that uses a peer-review process
- The contents are published with a CC-BY license
- The journal is scholar-led
- The journal is affiliated with the University of Bern
Bern Open Publishing decides on the inclusion of a journal.
A framework agreement is concluded between journal editors and the University Library of Bern in which the parameters for the cooperation are defined.